Monday, September 20, 2010

I am supposed to be uncovering my house from the weekend, but it seemed like so much more fun to blog.

Dad & Mom, finally out from behind the camera.
We had a wonderful weekend of family time. Tom’s family holds a Christmas/reunion in the fall, with the goal of avoiding bad driving conditions since we all live in different areas in and out of state. What a fun time to catch up with aunts, uncles, and Tom’s cousins. One thing that always strikes me about this side of the family is the number of boys. All of the second cousins are boys with the exception of 2 girls. Meaning, out of all of Tom’s cousins, only one cousin had a girl. Sidney brings the number to 2 girls. Eli is in heaven. Sidney was unphased by the ratio. As a brief period of catch, and rough play broke out, she tried to get in the middle of the action. It is so awesome for us to see this bold little girl, unafraid of anything. That spirit is certainly what carried her through all of her time in the orphanage.

After the 40 minute drive home, our plan to quietly transfer a sleeping Sidney inside was interrupted by the amount of sugar our kids consumed.

Yes, we give them sugar but in limited quantity. I looked in the backseat of the dark truck, and when the interior light came on, I saw a wide eyed Sidney after 9:30pm. What a stinker. Eli was post meltdown, and trying to stay awake on the ride home much to his mother’s chagrin.

Tom and I started our preconfirmation class on Sunday. We meet with a group of 6th graders every week. I feel privileged to have this role at such an important time in a preteen’s life. Ask me if I feel the same way at the end of the year. I know our first class is not an accurate reflection of the remainder of the year, but it seems like we have a great group. Every group we had over the last four years was great. Some were just a bit more rambunctious than others. Tom and I have always taught together. It seems like if I can’t think of anything to say, he will think of something profound. If you know Tom, he is a talker, so this works well.

OK, I am off to order pants for Eli. He has outgrown every pair in his drawer, and when I say every pair, I mean every pair. Here’s hoping for good sales.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

If you have a Carter's or Old Navy try there. We have had good luck with sales. I did not pay more then $7.00 for jeans.