Sunday, August 31, 2014

Jumping


A quick break from work waiting for my turn in the shower. Sunday morning, and Sidney is in front of me flying a Lego Hello Kitty plane. A typical day in the life from our home. Tom is on call, so I’m laboring on Labor Day weekend,   getting caught up on work and doing laundry. There’s a quietness to weekends like this that I love.


Eli came back from a three day camp with his 7th grade class. My our amusement he recounted his experience zip lining. After much climbing and much shaking, he stood on the top, sat on the small platform and pulled himself off.

My hands are sweating as I type. He’s more adventurous than his mother, but he somehow put his fear of heights to the side. I’m proud of him for trying.  He has more of the adventurous side like his dad, but I think Sidney will be our daredevil. She seems completely unphased and is never afraid. I’m proud of Eli for facing his fear. This is such an awkward, tough age. Nothing is straightforward in seventh grade when your feet are a size 12, and your mother asks if you’ve grown again overnight. I swear I see him getting bigger from night to morning.

I hear the water going off. 
My turn. 

No comments: